The provision of air traffic services within Belize is based on the ICAO Document 4444 (PANS/ATM); the Belize Civil Aviation Regulations Air Traffic Services (BCAR ATS) and the BCAR Air Navigation Services. Generally these align with the Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS) of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and other related documents.
The names of our ATS Units are Goldson Radar/Approach, Goldson Tower and Goldson Ground, all operating on specific frequencies as published in the Belize Aeronautical Information Publication.
OBJECTIVES OF AIR TRAFFIC SERVICES IN BELIZE
The objectives are to:
- prevent collisions between aircraft;
- prevent collisions between aircraft on the manoeuvring area and obstructions on that area;
- expedite and maintain a safe and orderly flow of air traffic;
- provide advice and information useful for the safe and efficient conduct of flights;
- notify appropriate organizations regarding aircraft in need of search and rescue aid, and assist such organizations as required.
PROVISION OF AIR TRAFFIC SERVICES IN BELIZE
The provision of Air Traffic Services in Belize is further detailed as follows:
- AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SERVICE: An air traffic control service is provided to achieve objectives (i); (ii) and (iii), this service being divided on three parts as follows:
- Radar/Approach Control Service for the provision of air traffic control service for those parts of controlled flights associated with arrivals and departures. Provided by Goldson Radar/Approach.
- Aerodrome Control Service for the provision of air traffic control service for aerodrome traffic. Provided by Goldson Tower.
- Ground Control Service for the provision of surface movement traffic. Provided by Goldson Ground.
- FLIGHT INFORMATION SERVICE: Flight information service is provided to accomplish objective (iv) . This service is provided by Goldson Radar/Approach and Goldson Tower.
- ALERTING SERVICE: The alerting service is provided to accomplish objective (v). This service is provided by Goldson Radar/Approach and Goldson Tower.